Emergency Contact Information for Indians Stranded in Ukraine
- The government of
Indiawill soon organize evacuation flights to Indiannationals of Ukrainethe cost of which will be borne by the government itself.
- An earlier notification said the Indian government and the Indian Embassy are working to establish evacuation routes from Romania and Hungary.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday launched a new 24-hour helpline to help Indian students trapped in Ukraine.
The Indian government will soon organize evacuation flights for Indian nationals in Ukraine, the cost of which will be borne by the government itself, according to the ANI news agency.
An earlier notification said the Indian government and the Indian embassy were working to establish escape routes from Romania and Hungary for Indian nationals stranded in Ukraine.
Indian nationals, especially students living closest to the above border checkpoints, are advised to depart first, in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs.
“Once the above routes are operational, Indian nationals traveling by their own means of transport will be advised to proceed to border checkpoints and keep in touch with the hotline numbers set up at the checkpoints. representatives to facilitate the crossing of the border,” reads the notification from the embassy. from India to Budapest.
The Indian Embassy notification further advised Indian students to approach student entrepreneurs for orderly movement. And few important things to take with them – passport, US dollar cash for any emergency expenses and other essentials, COVID-19 double vaccination certificate (if available), Indian flag print and stick it prominently on vehicles and buses during the journey.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday launched a new 24-hour helpline to help Indian students trapped in Ukraine following the Russian invasion. And also asked Indians to follow the Indian Embassy website and all social media pages for regular updates.
here are the
- +38 0997300428
- +38 0997300483
- +38 0933980327
- +38 0635917881
- +38 0935046170
Apart from the MEA, some Indian states have also rolled out hotlines for Indian nationals in Ukraine.
- Uttar Pradesh (UP): The UP government has issued a helpline number 9454441081 and appointed a nodal officer to help students and residents of the state in Ukraine.
- Andhra Pradesh (AP): The AP government has also appointed officials to coordinate with the MEA to provide the best possible assistance to Indian students in Ukraine. The helpline number is 0863-2340678 and the WhatsApp number is 8500027678.
- Karnataka: The Karnataka government has also set up helplines and appointed a nodal officer to coordinate with the centre. The helpline number is 080-22340676. People can also contact through emails which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Punjab: The government has set up a special helpline number — 0181-2224417
- Maharashtra: The government has set up a helpline number i.e. 022-22664232 and emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government to roll out new plans to evacuate 16,000 Indians in Ukraine
Putin plans to surround Ukrainian forces in Kyiv and force them to surrender or be destroyed
NBCC, RBL Bank and Ashoka Buildcon among top 10 gainers after historic stock market crash