How to create a bitmap file in Windows 11 2022
This tutorial is about how to create a bitmap file in Windows 11. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Create a Bitmap File on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to create a bitmap file in Windows 11
After the release of the new Windows 11 operating system, the only thing that seems to be different from the previous version is “Convenience”. Even when it comes to creating a BMP file, the new operating system gives you another option, namely the use of context menus, which is also another example of convenience. In fact, creating bitmap images is now much easier with Windows 11, also using the context menu, also using another newly added option in Windows Explorer. So, let’s discuss the two methods to learn how to create a new BMP file in Windows 11 easily.
How to Create a Bitmap File in Windows 11
Don’t worry because this article explains all the ways to create a new BMP file in Windows 11.
Create BMP file in Windows 11 using context menu
As we have already discussed, Windows 11 introduced an easier way to create a new BMP file, via the context menu. Previously, this was not possible in Windows 10 and users had to go through File Explorer to create a BMP file. This makes it easier and much more convenient to create a new BMP file in Windows 11.
Follow the steps below to create a new BMP file in Windows 11 using the context menu.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want to create the BMP file. If you want to create the BMP file on your desktop, just stay on the desktop.
- Right click on any space. This will open the context menu.
- Hover over the New Item option. This will open a list of items you can create. Select Bitmap Image.
- This will create a bitmap image (BMP file) at the location. You can then edit the file, rename it or do whatever you want.
Create a new BMP file in Windows 11 using File Explorer
Another way to create a new BMP file in Windows 11 is to use File Explorer. This method is not new in Windows 11 and was already available in Windows 10. This is the traditional method of creating a new BMP file that we used until the introduction of Windows 11.
However, if you don’t know how to create a BMP file using File Explorer, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the location in File Explorer where you want to create and save the BMP file.
- Click the down arrow next to the New Folder option in the upper left corner of the File Explorer window.
- Now hover over the New Item option and click Bitmap Image.
- This will create a BMP file or bitmap image in that location. Now you can edit it, rename it, copy or cut it, or do whatever you want.
Final Words: How to Create a Bitmap File in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article How to Create a Bitmap File on Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.