How To Fix When Windows 10 File Sharing Is Not Working
This tutorial covers what to do when Windows 10 file sharing is not working. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How To Fix When Windows 10 File Sharing Is Not Working. If your answer is yes, please share it with your friends after reading this.
Check how to fix the problem when Windows 10 file sharing is not working
Windows 10’s file sharing feature allows users to quickly share files with computers within the local network they create, which is very convenient and secure. However, many users have experienced the same issue after update 1803, 1809, or 1903 which means Windows 10 file sharing is not working. Here we offer 8 workable methods to fix Windows 10 network sharing issue.
What do you know about Windows 10’s file sharing feature? Have you ever found Windows 10 file sharing not working when you are using it? So do you know how to fix this problem? This article aims to give you a pessimistic answer.
Restart your pc
The performance of your system depends on how you maintain it. Keeping your system active for a long time will impact its performance. It is often recommended to shut down your PC when it is not in use.
All minor issues will be fixed when you perform a restart / restart process. A proper restart process is required to avoid erratic system behavior.
Before trying any of the troubleshooting methods mentioned below, try restarting your system. It could fix Windows 10 file share not working on network issue without any complex technical procedure. Here are some ways to restart your Windows 10 PC.
Use the correct login information
- Always remember to enter the correct username and password to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- You must also enter your local username and password if such password protection is enabled on your network.
- If you want to confirm the correct local username, navigate to drive C and then users.
- All users will be displayed in folders. You can determine yours from here.
Make sure all computers use the same sharing protocol
To avoid compatibility issues, the first step in resolving windows that cannot access the shared folder error is to ensure that all computers on the network are using the same network share protocol.
- Press Windows key + S to display the search, then type feature and click Turn Windows feature on or off in the search result.
- Now access and expand SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing support.
- Here, check the following boxes to ensure that all computers use the same network share protocols:
- Automatic removal of SMB 1.0 / CIFS
- SMB 1.0 / CIFS client
- SMB 1.0 / CIFS server
Finally, click OK to save the changes and restart your system.
Enable the public sharing feature on a Windows PC
If the public sharing feature is not enabled on your system, you will face a problem with file sharing not working on Windows 10. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable a public sharing feature on your computer. :
- Reopen Windows Search, then type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Open the Control Panel app from the search results as shown below.
- Now click on Network and Internet from the list shown here.
- Here, click on Network and Sharing Center as shown.
- Click Change advanced sharing settings on the left menu as shown in the image.
- Here, click on the down arrow corresponding to All networks to expand it.
- Expand the option to share public folders and select the Enable sharing checkbox so that anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders. Please refer to the picture below.
- Finally, click on Save changes and restart your system.
Share file and folder permissions from the Properties window
To fix Windows 10 not working network share issue, you need to make sure that the folder sharing setting is enabled. You can check the same as:
- Navigate to the folder you want to share on the network and right click on it
- Now click on Properties and go to the Sharing tab as shown.
- Then click on the Share … button as shown in the image below.
- Now choose the people in your network to share with from the drop-down menu. Click on the arrow symbol and select All as shown here.
- Again, go to the Properties window and click on Advanced Sharing
- In the next window, check the Share this folder as shown below box.
- Now click on the Permissions button. Make sure the share permissions are set to Everyone.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes made.
Final words: How to fix the problem when Windows 10 file sharing is not working
hope you will understand this item How To Fix When Windows 10 File Sharing Is Not Working, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.