How to Update Your LinkedIn Contact Information
If you need to update your contact information on LinkedIn, read this guide on changing your email address and phone number.
It’s no secret that LinkedIn is a powerful business tool. It can be used to connect with potential customers, partners, etc. But what if you need to change your email address or phone number on LinkedIn? It can be a challenge, but we’re here to help.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to change your email address and phone number on LinkedIn.
If you’ve been using LinkedIn for a while now, your contact information has probably changed over the years. Maybe your email address has been updated or you have a new phone number. Either way, it’s important to make sure your contact details are up to date.
This is especially important if you’re using LinkedIn to attract clients. If people try to contact you through LinkedIn and cannot find the correct contact information, they may not be able to contact you.
Also, it’s a good idea to update your LinkedIn phone number and email address in case you need to reset your password. The process of resetting your password is much easier if your contact information is up to date.
If you are ready to update your phone number and email address on LinkedIn, follow the guide in the sections below
How to Update Your Email Address on the LinkedIn App
Here’s how to update your email address on LinkedIn:
- Launch the LinkedIn app on your device.
- Tap the icon with your profile picture.
- To select Settings.
- Press on Login and Security.
- Press on Email addresses > Add an email address.
- Enter your new email address and password and select Tp submit.
That’s all you need to update your email address on LinkedIn.
How to Change Your Phone Number on the LinkedIn App
The steps to change your phone number on LinkedIn are quite similar to changing your email address.
- Follow steps 1-4 as shown in the How to change your email address section.
- In the Login and Security page, press Phone numbers > Add a phone number.
- Enter your new phone number, select your country, enter your password, then press send code.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone and press To verify.
How to Update Your Email Address and Phone Number on LinkedIn Web
Follow the steps below to update your email address and phone number on LinkedIn’s browser version:
- Log in to LinkedIn.com on your browser and sign in.
- Click on the arrow pointing down just below your profile picture icon
- To select Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Login and Security.
- Click on Email addresses to update your email address and Phone numbers to update your phone number.
Updating your email address and phone number on LinkedIn is a quick and easy process. It’s important to make sure your contact information is up to date so people can get in touch with you and also make the process of resetting your password easier.
How to Ask for Recommendations on LinkedIn
About the Author