The last date is approaching; check how to file your tax return
You can electronically verify your ITR immediately or within 120 days of deposit using the methods listed on the website. Electronic verification can be done through Aadhaar OTP, pre-validated bank account, pre-validated demat account or EVC generated through ATM.
Representative image. Image Courtesy: Money Check
The Department of Income Tax has advised taxpayers that the option to file a tax return for the current tax year (AY) 2022-23 is available on the department’s website. The deadline for filing the ITR is July 31.
Taxpayers can visit incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal to file their returns. “ITR filing for AY 2022-23 is available on the e-filing portal. Check your Form 26AS, AIS and other relevant documents before submitting them,” the IT department tweeted yesterday (June 22). See the tweet here.
How to file a computer declaration online? Step by step guide below:
- Visit incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Log in using your PAN card number.
- Click on ‘e-file’ and choose 2022-23 as ‘Assessment year’.
- Select ITR -1 or ITR-4 depending on your annual income, status and other details.
- Select your reason for declaration and validate your pre-filled information.
- Update your ITR information by uploading relevant documents.
- Confirm your details and click verify and submit. It takes a few minutes.
- Select the appropriate verification option under the “Taxes paid and verification” tab.
You can electronically verify your ITR immediately or within 120 days of deposit using the methods listed on the website. Electronic verification can be done through Aadhaar OTP, pre-validated bank account, pre-validated demat account or EVC generated through ATM. A step-by-step guide to ITR filing is also available on the ministry’s website here.
How to download the ITR verification form?
- Login to India Income Tax website
- Choose the “Show Returns/Forms” option on the main page.
- Your ITR verification will appear on the screen.
If you are unable to complete the ITR filing in one session, you must save the draft of your form. The ITR website will retain the project for 30 days from the date of registration or until you file the return.
In case of questions, you can contact the tax department on their website or on the numbers 1800 103 0025 and 1800 419 0025.